A leading manufacturing and distribution company located in Freeport has the following vacancy:
Reporting to the Directors and General Manager, the Accountant is responsible for providing all transactional finance services to Vasha Foods Ltd including, but not limited to, payroll, reconciliations, accounts payable and receivable, and assisting in the production of financial reports.
The Accountant will be held accountable for:
- Implementing financial and accounting policies and procedures to meet the strategic and operational needs of the Company.
- Implementing budgeting and expenditure control systems and procedures and alerting the Chief Financial Officer, other executives, and managers where expenditures are beyond budgeted amounts.
- Preparing timely and accurate monthly consolidated financial statements, payments, cash- flow management reporting, PSIP spending and other financial/accounting reports.
- Help develop the overall audit plan, prepare budgets and with the manager control audit cost
- Help review accounting entries and assist in preparing the financial statements and reports for accounting clients.
- Responsible for planning, completion and will be able to deal with the more complex aspects of audit
- Allocate tasks to the accounting department and ensure all task are completed
- Supervise the work of the accounting department ensuring that they understand the objectives and implications of the work they are doing and that they adequately document their work.
- Prepares timely and accurate monthly consolidated financial statements, payments, cash-flow management reporting, and other financial/accounting reports.
- Prepares and posts adjusting and recurring journal entries and updates general ledger accounts for monthly revenue and expenditure transactions; analyses and reconciles accounts to the general ledger as required; generates monthly trial balances; prepares year- end accruals and adjustments; prepares reversing entries and closes the general ledger
- Performs cash flow forecasting and works closely with the operations and project teams in analysing margins, variances and cost analysis and maintains systems for cost-sensitivity analysis and early-warning of cost-overruns.
- Monitors adherence to financial policies and ensures compliance, such as close-off of monthly and annual accounts
- Co-operates with external and internal auditors to carry out annual external audits and internal audits, as and when required.
Core Competencies: Proven capabilities in Service Excellence, Partnering, Creativity & Innovation, and Accountability.
Leadership Competencies: Strategic Thinking, Business Focus, Impact and Influence, Results Orientation, Decision Making, Planning and Organising, Team Leadership, Attention to Detail and Developing Others.
Role Specific Competencies: Attention to Detail; Financial and Management Accounting; Financial Budgeting, Planning and Reporting; Relationship Building, Financial Systems, Processes, and Technology; Analytical Thinking.
Qualification and Experience
- A degree in Finance or Accounting from a recognized university or successful completion of ACCA.
- Five yearsof experience in the Finance and Accounting field with proven capability in the full range of finance and accounting services, AP, AR, GL, Forecasting, Budgeting, etc.
- Experience in PSIP reporting and submission of estimates of expenditure with emphasis on recurrent expenditure and development programs.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High levels of professionalism, innovation, energy, creativity and flexibility.
- Proficiency in English both spoken and written.
- Expertise in Microsoft word and excel, familiarity with PowerPoint and Access would be an advantage.
Please send all resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com unsuitable applications will not be acknowledged.