|NATIONAL ENERGY SKILLS CENTER|
|Automotive / Heavy Equipment Instructor|
|The Human Resource Department in conjunction with the Business Development Department is seeking interested Automotive/Heavy Equipment Instructors to provide training at the Diploma Level to a foreign client. This will involve temporarily relocating to the client’s facility for a period of four (4) months at a time over two (2) years.|
|JOB DESCRIPTION AND SPECIFICATION|
|In addition to your remuneration and benefits, the selected incumbent will receive:
· Per diem allowance for the period
· Return airfare
· Transport (to and from facility) as required
· Meals and beverages (mid-morning snack, lunch, evening snack)
|ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES|
1. Your teaching time will not exceed 528 total contact hours for the period. Whilst you will be on location 24 hours per day, there is some flexibility in the day-to-day time as determined onsite, however the standard 8-hour day can apply or be extended as needed.
2. Prepare and deliver daily lesson plans and all course materials, including lecture notes, projects, assignments, handouts, mid-term and final examinations, ensuring that all information is sufficient for successful completion of the course.
3. Ensure that required class preparations are completed in a timely manner.
4. Utilize effective and professional teaching and demonstrating techniques to achieve established course objectives.
5. Coach/guide/assist students in achieving programme/career goals and objectives.
6. Make necessary adjustments in approach to programme delivery to take into account and utilize socio-cultural backgrounds and work with life experiences of students.
7. Seek regular feedback from students on effectiveness of learning and provide necessary remedial sessions to ensure effective training delivery.
8. Maintain respect and professionalism to our hosts for the duration of the assignment.
9. Maintain currency with industry trends and needs, and continuously update courses and teaching information with current practices and/or changes in the industry.
10. Evaluate student performance, maintain appropriate records, and take steps to address students with potential challenges through appropriate support.
11. Accurately and on a timely basis submit all student-related data (attendance, assignments, projects, midterms and final examinations) for processing.
12. Conduct root cause analysis on student examination results and implement and monitor improvements for positive results.
13. Ensure 15 minutes of time before the end of each class is provided for students to record learning experience into their log books.
14. Review log books daily to ensure completion by students.
15. Sign off log book entries on a weekly basis.
16. Ensure adherence to relevant rules, regulations and procedures of NESC and LTI.
17. Maintain the safety and security of all assigned personnel and equipment.
18. Collaborate with colleagues to address teaching, research and performance issues.
19. Demonstrate and encourage integrity and loyalty towards the NESC and its agents among those you interact with whilst on assignment.
20. Assist in developing and maintaining NESC’s corporate image and networks while on assignment.
21. Ensure knowledge of and adherence to Quality Management Requirements for job areas.
22. Perform all duties in compliance with NESC’s policies and procedures.
23. Perform related duties as required.
|QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE|
|Technician’s Diploma or equivalent
Train the Trainer Certification
Level 5 Assessor Certification will be an asset
Certification from the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) or Alberta Training and Industry (ATI) will be an asset
Five years relevant industry/field experience
|· Sound teaching / pedagogical techniques
· Sound communication skills (orally – in person or by telephone, and in written form)
· Knowledge of major policies and procedures governing assigned programs
· Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships
· Ability to follow oral and written instructions
· Caring but firm approach, with strong interest in students’ wellbeing and success
· Ability to motivate, mentor and counsel
· Approachable, with strong customer service orientation
|· Awareness of the NESC’s business/environment
· Strong knowledge about the NESC and programs offered
· Excellent at communicating, including being able to network effectively
· Courteous, with pleasant disposition and effective interpersonal, team and communication skills
· Operating knowledge of and experience with personal computers and peripherals, and ability to use office software applications (Microsoft Suite)