An employer confidential requires Banksmen, to ensure the safe movement and operation of the Company’s cranes at industrial and construction sites:
▪ Guide mobile Crane Operators in moving a crane or in the conduct of work. The Banksman must provide guidance from a safe location, where the crane is always in a clear field of site and where the Operator can see the Banksman.
▪ The Banksman must assist the Crane Operator in maintain the control measures for operations. Understanding the Health and Safety Risk Assessment, and the measures in place to reduce risk posed by the environment and the actual operations.
▪ Understand the layout and use of pedestrian and vehicle use, obstructions, overhead objects or lines, speed limits, visibility limits, weather conditions and other.
▪ Ensure that they and the Crane Operator adhere to the necessary systems of work approved for operations.
▪ Use an agreed, clear, understood and accepted system of signalling to coordinate efforts between themselves and the Crane Operator.
▪ Ensure that the area of operations is kept clear of unauthorized personnel, while operations are being conducted.
▪ Where possible add to the development of the risk assessment for operations.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
▪ Must have an appropriate Banksman Certification for crane operations or equivalent qualifications.
▪ A valid PLEA Passport.
▪ Must have a minimum of 4-5 years’ experience in Banksman for crane operations. ▪ Must be able to work under shift arrangements and flexible hours, Overtime Hours, Weekends and be On-Call for emergency operations.
▪ Must be medically fit to work as evidenced by a valid OGUK/UKOOH Medical.
All applications must include: Current Addresses, Telephone Contact, Age and Date of Birth, Marital Status and Nationality.
TO APPLY, PLEASE EMAIL:
Unsuitable applications will not be acknowledged.