The Branch Supervisor is a highly motivated, focused and reliable individual responsible for ensuring their sales team delivers exceptional customer engagement experiences to achieve sales and profit goals of their assigned branch, overseeing operational and merchandising activities within the branch through the available company resources consistent with the company’s core values, strategic goals and objectives.
What You Will Do
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
CUSTOMER FOCUS – SUPERVISES A STORE CONSISTENTLY MEETS AND EXCEEDS THE J&K CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE STANDARDS
- Ensure the sales team consistently adheres to the J&K Customer Experience Standards and achieves the highest customer service rating available as assessed by customers, through our mystery shopper programme and based on Area Supervisor branch audits.
- Supports a consistent focus in delivering exceptional customer experiences.
- Constructively supervise the handling of all customer service-related issues at the branch, report on matters ensuring timely follow-up on outstanding customer issues and advise on and implement approved service improvement recommendations.
SALES EXCELLENCE – SUPPORTS COMPANY FINANCIAL GOALS BY MEETING AND EXCEEDING SALES PERFORMANCE METRICS SET BY THE COMPANY
- Meet and exceed branch and individual sales targets and sales metrics set by the company.
- Ensure all sales team members receive and effectively utilizes ongoing in-branch training in customer service, merchandising standards and product & styling knowledge, and that all team members remain aware of all products available for sale and how turnover of these items can be maximized.
- Ensure that all customer touch points meet customer expectations and conform to company standards.
MERCHANDISE EXCELLENCE – CLEARLY AND CONSISTENTLY REPRESENT MERCHANDISING PRINCIPLES
- Ensure merchandising standards are maintained.
- Manage merchandise levels and stock assortment by monitoring and reporting on sales trends and slow-moving items.
- Monitor the branch’s visual displays consistent with company standards, advising on competitors’ offerings and displays, and recommending initiatives.
OPERATIONAL EXCELLENCE – ENSURE A WELL-FUNCTIONING BRANCH
- Supervise the sales floor ensuring that operational standards are maintained, all safety procedures are followed, the work environment is safe and clean, operations run smoothly and that the branch team’s performance is up to expected standards required to successfully meet performance goals.
- Open and close the branch, supervise the operation of and where required operate cash register, and ensure all cash handling procedures are followed consistent with company policies.
- Provide relief supervision at other branches as required.
- Manage and participate in stock intake process, replenishment, counts, sorts, tags, arrange and price items according to company standards and requirements.
SUPERVISORY EXCELLENCE- SUPPORT A PROFESSIONAL, EMPOWERED AND TEAM-ORIENTED ENVIRONMENT
- Motivate the branch team to perform well, provide performance feedback, report on staff matters including advising on rostering needs, vacancies, personnel changes and needs, and execute progressive discipline as required consistent with company standards.
- Ensure the sales team consistently adheres to the company core values and other behavioral standards.
- Conduct daily morning meetings, weekly supervisory meetings, attend staff meetings inclusive of partners meetings and townhalls, provide daily, weekly and monthly reports as may be required.
- Develop and maintain a team environment by performing other related duties.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Five GCE /CXC O’Level subjects, including Mathematics and English language.
- 2 years of experience in a similar position.
- Availability for varied weekly shifts, including weekend, closing, and holiday shifts.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent customer service orientation.
- Quick and adaptable learner.
- Problem solver and adaptable.
- Leadership skills.
- Demonstrated sales accountability.
- Strong interpersonal and active listening skills as well as the ability to interact effectively and build solid relationships with both clients and colleagues.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, inclusive of Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to multitask and work well under pressure.
What we can offer you
- Attractive performance incentives including commissions.
- Attractive staff discount.
- Additional benefits are available.