The Branch Supervisor is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the branch and assisting the Operations Manager with managerial, and administrative functions. He/she maintains communication between line staff and the Operations Manager and provides support, guidance, and training to staff.
Some of the duties include but are not limited to the following: –
Member Service Delivery
• Ensures front-office tasks (such as teller activities, new accounts, letters and general queries) are performed at optimal service levels.
• Advises staff on matters relating to member queries and complaints.
• Monitors quality of service for members and ensures that staff are maximizing opportunities to sell products.
• Ensures all deposits in excess of the stipulated maximum deposit limit as defined by the Board of Directors and/or any suspicious deposits are accompanied by a Source of Funds Declaration and submitted to Compliance Officer.
Loan and Lending Activities
• Provides relief to Business Credit Development Officer in the processing of loan application (as required).
• Approves members’ loan applications (Share and Character) in accordance with the Society’s guidelines.
• Assists in the preparation of the annual budget and strategic planning.
• Ensures that the Branch operates within the approved budget and financial guidelines.
• Signs-off on payments where applicable accordance with Society’s guidelines.
• Ensures efficient management of Treasury (cash Management, maintenance)
• Ensures cash and cheques are banked in a timely manner.
• Submits Treasury Management sheets to Manager-Accounts.
• Monitor loan performance to identify delinquent members specific to the Branch.
• Liaise with Recoveries department to manage delinquency within the first 30 days of loan being delinquent.
• Ensures all staff are aware of and comply with all Health and Safety regulations as directed by the Society.
• Ensures the upkeep of the premises as it relates to cleaning and safety.
• Ensures the timely opening and closing of the premises.
• Ensures the proper maintenance of the Society’s property and equipment.
• Ensures teller draws are balanced daily as per the Society’s guidelines.
• Acts as first custodian to vault door combination and keys in branch.
• Archives documents in keeping with the Society’s records management policy.
• Ensures that records are protected, filed and retrieved in a standardized manner.
Human Resource Management
• Assists in the recruitment and selection of department staff.
• Provides regular effective training, coaching, and mentoring to team members regarding all aspects of operations support to ensure individual, departmental, and strategic goals are met.
• Evaluates staff’s work performance and conduct quarterly reviews.
• Assist in the development of staff by coordinating learning and development activities.
• Prepares branch’s Monthly Activity Reports (Loans) for submission to Credit Manager.
• Prepares branch’s Monthly Activity Reports for submission to the Operations Manager.
• Develops and maintains effective communications systems / links between the head Office and other branches.
• Monitors and keeps staff apprised of department’s performance.
• Compliance with the Society’s policies and procedures and the regulations of other external governing bodies.
• Evaluating fixed assets and general needs and purchases.
• Ensures hospitality arrangements (catering, room allocation, security) are made for meetings held at Branch.
• Reports any suspicious activities immediately to the Compliance Officer.
• Any other duties or tasks assigned by the Operations Manager.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• B.Sc. degree in Management Studies, Business Administration, Marketing, Banking and Finance or any other related field.
• A minimum of five (5) years’ experience working in a similar capacity.
• Working knowledge of basic accounting principles.
• Working knowledge of loan processing and management.
• Working knowledge of the principles of lending.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Excellent verbal, listening, and written communication skills.
• Excellent Time Management skills
• Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
• Excellent relationship management and team building skills.
• Excellent organisational skills.
• Focused with an excellent work ethic.
• Excellent time management skills.
• Strong decision-making skills.
• Knowledge of basic office procedures and computer literate.
• Experience in the use of Microsoft Word.