The Belgroves Group of Companies is an organization with over 130 years of experience in the service industry. The Group consists of five service companies which include funeral service management, pre-planning services, manufacturing, cemetery management and digital production
General Description: Business Development Manager
At Belgroves Group of Companies, we owe our success to the efficiency of our organizational processes and our people. To help maintain and grow these standards, we are seeking an experienced Business Development Manager to identify new business opportunities to generate revenue, improve profitability and help the Group to grow. This will include building new opportunities and developing new infrastructure to increase sales penetration through direct channels and strategic partnerships. Additionally, you will be able to maintain an environment of trust, diversity, and inclusion within your team.
The ideal candidate for the Business Development Manager position is a performance driven go getter who thrives on responsibility and exceeding expectations and has a proven record of producing and exceeding results.
All activities must be geared towards maintaining the highest level of service to both internal and external stakeholders and must conform to Internal Auditing standards and guidelines and to all legal, statutory, and regulatory requirements.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Effectively manage business development strategies to retain current customers and grow market share
- Develop growth strategies and plans to position the Group in the right markets
- Manage and retain existing relationships with clients
- Find and develop new markets and improve sales
- Research and identify new business opportunities, including new markets, growth areas, trends, customers, partnerships, products and services or new ways of reaching existing markets
- Manage the day-to-day efforts of the business development team members, to ensure that sales and revenue goals are met or exceeded.
- Focus on staff development, including sales training, product strategy, dashboards and CRM reporting, and sales coaching and motivation to ensure that Sales Representatives achieve and / or exceed revenue goals.
- Provide weekly reporting for sales activities, including prospecting, renewals, new revenue, proposals, visitations, pipeline management, commissions, as well as sales forecasting to senior management.
- Maintain active engagement and networking in the business communities in Trinidad and Tobago and the Caribbean region.
- Build and promote strong, long-lasting customer relationships by understanding customer needs.
- Grow the efficiency of existing organizational sales processes and procedures to enhance and sustain the organization’s internal capacity
- Addressing sales concerns and issues, monitoring overall customer satisfaction
- Assist in the development and negotiation of pricing for and with customers
- Focus on staff development, including sales training, product strategy, dashboards and CRM reporting and coaching to ensure sales team meets and exceeds targets.
- Ensures the achievement of the Key Performance Indicators of the company by providing inputs for the development of an annual budget, scheduling expenditure, analyzing, and reporting on variances and implementing corrective action
- Manage timely data collection to update Sales metrics to achieve sales targets
- Identifies trends, emerging markets and market shifts while being fully aware of new products and competition status to develop opportunities to improve sales
- Develop and implement Sales procedures and policies
- Use the systems and processes in place to:
- Provide timely and accurate reporting
- Update and manage client database in collaboration with Marketing
- Track and maintain devices deployed in the field
- Assist in the development of promotional strategy and activities with the marketing department
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, and participating in professional societies to stay up to date on business development and sales strategies, trends, and technology.
Leadership and Management of Resources
- Clearly define and communicate Business Development objectives to all members of the department
- Lead the business development team including but not limited to training, coaching, planning, evaluating, rewarding, disciplining, and overseeing employee relations for the company
- Develop, implement, and review business development policies and procedures
- Conduct performance reviews of all direct reports, provide feedback and implement measures to improve performance
- Observe all company policies, procedures, and business ethics codes and ensure they are communicated to and implemented within the team
- Foster a performance driven work environment by developing and implementing performance standards to enhance the effectiveness of each employee
- Develop and enforce department SOPs for each work task or process
- Develop and manage staff KPIs and conduct quarterly evaluations with the guidance of the HR Department to ensure set objectives are consistently met by the team
- Prepare monthly reports on the sales, profitability and distribution targets
- Develop and execute strategic business development plans for the company
- Provide a motivating work environment to support the team and other departments where necessary
- Master’s degree in Business Management/Administration or Marketing will be a benefit
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration/Management
- Professional certification in Sales
- Proficient in Microsoft suite (word, excel, power point)
- Training in Sales and Sales Management
- Certification in Project Management
- Minimum of seven (7) years’ proven experience in Sales Management
- Minimum of five (5) years’ proven Management experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Extensive experience in managing partner relationships
- Strong understanding of customers and market dynamics and requirements
- Proven leadership ability to manage and lead a team of sales professionals
- Possess strong coaching, motivating and accountability skills
- Ability to build and execute sales plans
- Strong skills in consultative selling, closing deals, bringing in new accounts and finding new opportunities
- Strong Sales strategy experience
- Strong Financial Management experience
- Excellent Time Management, Customer Service skills and analytical skills
- Must be computer literate and proficient in MS suite
- Negotiation and presentation skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Must be able to operate independently and as part of a team while managing several responsibilities
Interested persons are asked to submit their applications to email@example.com on or before April 30, 2021 with the subject “Business Development Manager”.
Please provide telephone numbers and email addresses for one (1) personal and two (2) professional references.
Kindly advise of your salary expectations in your cover email.
Answer the following in your application:
- Do you have at least 7 years’ sales experience?
- Do you have experience in finding new markets and improving sales?
- Do you possess a Masters Degree in Business Management, Administration or Marketing?