JOB DESCRIPTION – CONVERTING OPERATOR
Position Summary :
To safely operate state of the art Paper Conversion Machines to ensure maximum output consistent with customer quality and workmanship requirements while minimizing waste.
|Principal Duties and Responsibilities
1. Operates and monitors the Core Machine, Rewinder and Packaging to achieve production and quality standards.
2. Ensures production reports are accurately completed
3. Performs troubleshooting maintenance and adjustments as required.
4. Completes change over to other brands
5. Ensures minimized raw material wastage
6. Monitors waste removal from converting machines
7. Ensures housekeeping is maintained
8. Records and communicate downtime issues to Production Supervisor or Production Manager.
9. Work in a safe manner, using protective equipment whenever required. Bring any unsafe acts to the attention of individuals immediately.
10. Report any unsafe conditions to the Shift Supervisor
11. Work with other Conversion Operations team members.
12. Conduct training of junior Operators/Helpers as required
13. Regular attendance is an essential function of the job.
14. Any other duties as assigned by Production Supervisor or designate.