The Corporate Services Manager reports to the Chief Executive Officer and works closely with the Board of Directors, Shareholders and Managers. The role is to provide administrative support, drive overall performance and assure regulatory & non-regulatory compliance for the organisation.
The Corporate Services Manager performs commercial services, legal & high-level administrative support for the CEO, the Board & Management. Establishes and enables a companywide focus on consistency, quality, compliance and comprehensive formulation and execution of business strategies.
Duties & Performance Measures
The major tasks, duties, and responsibilities of the Corporate Services Manager are:
1. Use business canvas model, enterprise risk management, loss prevention & crisis management techniques to prepare strategic plans & commercial forecasts.
2. Carry out audit and inspection to assess corporate and other organisation risks associated with the business and undertake measures to mitigate these risks.
3. Maintain data driven & insightful decision support reports.
4. Providing advice and guidance on corporate governance issues.
5. Supervise the Corporate Secretary.
6. Provision of compliant technical & administrative supporting services to the CEO, Management, Board of Directors and Shareholders.
7. Ensure timely & astute drafting and review of contracts.
8. Ensure meticulously researched and qualified legal & commercial advice.
9. A key point of contact & source of communications with shareholders & key stakeholders.
10. Ensure timely renewals of statutory licenses, regulatory compliance and annual Registry requirements.
11. Supervise the Human Resource function.
12. Provide one on one coaching and guidance on performance management assists with drafting of KPI’s.
13. Review probationary assessments & performance appraisals and provide feedback for corrective actions.
14. Review & document policies and procedures, forms and work instructions.
15. Preparation of training content for the LMS to support policy and procedure roll outs.
16. Direct, manage, and develop a system, and the capacity of administrative staff, to prepare and distribute comprehensive, timely and accurate organisational & employee performance management information – reports, dashboards, etc.
17. Attends departmental meetings monitors action logs, across the organisation, to assess and track the effectiveness at which tactical & strategic initiatives are implemented, controlled, and integrated with other affected units.
18. Responsible for coordinating interior standards and furnishings in office spaces across company facilities and lease management.
19. Undertake measures to mitigate corporate and other organisation risks.
20. Always maintains strict confidentiality.
21. Performs related work as assigned by the Chief Executive Officer.
A Bachelor of Laws (LLB)/Business degree and MBA/equivalent.
Knowledge of policies, procedures and practices governing public/private sector management.
Reporting, and effective corporate governance; at least five years’ experience in senior management level;
Good IT skills – MS word, Power Point, Excel (pivot tables and charts).
Sound knowledge of Business & Legal Administration.
Attributes and Functional Skills
Time management and organizational skills; ability to interact and collaborate with a wide range of stakeholders; ability to adapt to change on short notice; ability to respond to setting of accelerated deadlines.
Committed to confidentiality, ethical practice and integrity in the performance of one’s duties.
Decision Making – Ability to make and clearly communicate decisions to all stakeholders.
Language Ability: Excellent oral communication and writing skills.
Accountability – Willingness to accept responsibility for the outcome of decisions made.
Financial and Resource Management – Management of goods and services required for the effective functioning of the Office of the Corporate Secretary
Leadership and supervisory skills
Organized, extremely focused and self-motivated.
Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills.