The potential jobholder must be well versed in the Harmonized Commodity Description and Coding System.
To provide customs brokerage and hands on support to the efficient running of the Brokerage Dept.’s activities, including completion of paperwork, preparation of all customs entries and clearance of inbound/outbound shipments on behalf of us and our clients.
Work Location:Port of Spain
Roles & responsibilities:
1) Accurate classification of cargo on customs entries.
2) Proper processing of regulatory documents and records.
3) Ability to interact with the following Regulatory bodies:
Customs & Excise at all ports of call in Trinidad & Tobago and external Agencies such as TTBS, Chamber of Commerce, Ministry of Trade, Food & Drug Administration, Agricultural Quarantine, National Security, Ministry of Agriculture, etc.
4) The clearance of import/export cargo in a timely manner, in order to prevent the payment of storage rent and demurrage, and to ensure the timely shipping of export cargo.
5) Comply with the company’s procedures.
Qualifications and experience
* Must be a grade 2 Customs Clerk or higher with a valid licence registered with the Customs Brokers Board of Trinidad & Tobago as per the Customs Brokers and Customs Clerk Act Chapter 78:03
* Competent authority on Laws of T’dad & T’go Customs Act Chapter78:01 2007
* Competent authority with the Explanatory notes to Harmonized Commodity Description and Coding System
* Competent authority with the Republic of T’dad & T’go ACT No. 6 of 2013 Amendment to Chapter 78:01 (Electronic Application through ASYCUDA)
* Computer literate and familiar with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, ACE, NAVIS & ASYCUDA
* Minimum five (5) CXC passes Including English & Mathematics