Come Soar with us
DIRECTOR, FLIGHT OPERATIONS
• Operational Excellence: Ensures effective and efficient utilization of assigned resources, towards achieving operational goals and standards, inclusive of managing on-time performance on and budgetary compliance.
• Safety and Compliance: Actively supports the advancement of the organization’s safety and quality culture, through personal leadership in this area and compliance with corporate and regulatory guidelines.
• Employee Engagement: Demonstrates leadership and management practices consistent with organisation’s team centered and collaborative framework, core values and people Agenda. Actively supports the implementation and rollout of employee engagement initiatives of the organization.
• Reporting: Ensures the delivery of accurate and timely operational and other reports, with a view to supporting effective data analysis and decision-making.
• Relationship Management: Builds and develops internal and external stakeholders in the best interests of the Company including but not limited to authorities, suppliers and service providers.
• People Management: Actively supports the growth and development of team members, through effective engagement, leadership and guidance. Supports the Company’s People Agenda through adherence .
• Risk Management: Evaluates and advises on potential risks of various courses of business actions and takes decisions to limit exposure and liability to the company’s employees, operations and interests.
You must possess a BSc in Aviation Management or a related discipline and a minimum of ten (10) years’ experience as pilot-in-command of a commercial air transport operations. You must possess a minimum of five (5) years’ experience as a Check Airman/Training Officer with Instrument Rating Examiner. You must be the holder of a valid Airline Transport Pilot Licence issued by the TTCAA with the appropriate ratings for at least one of the aircraft in CAL’s Fleet.
You must demonstrate the requisite knowledge of the current TTCAA regulations as it pertains to regulatory training requirements. You must have working knowledge of MS Office Suite and certification in project management and training methodology would be an asset.
You must have a high degree of professional ethics and imbibe the values of a CAL leader. You must demonstrate sound judgement in your decision making and possess excellent networking, speaking and written communication skills, so as to be effective and clear in your communication with a variety of internal and external stakeholders, both domestically and internationally.