The Facilities Technician – III performs major repairs and performs preventative maintenance work to ensure Hotel quality maintenance standards are achieved and maintained.
• Performs checks and makes major repairs and/or replacement to plumbing systems and fixtures such as pipelines, toilets and sinks, faucets, kitchen and laundry equipment.
• Performs checks and makes major repairs and/or replacement to electrical systems such as air-conditioning controls, refrigeration systems, kitchen equipment, television, cable, telephone systems.
• Checks and makes major repairs to electrical systems such as power and lighting systems.
• Perform minor repairs to building, furniture, bathrooms, guestrooms, pools etc., as needed.
• Feed cables through access holes, roof spaces, and cavity walls to reach fixture outlets; then position and terminate cables, wires and strapping
• Ensure that all equipment is functioning properly and that preventative maintenance measures are performed in a timely manner and recorded in the hotels Facilities Management software to preserve the hotel and keep product quality standard.
• Monitor mechanical, electrical and water usage to ensure effective energy management.
• Ensure that all the critical areas of the Hotel are functioning properly by utilizing the Daily Property and Refrigeration checklists to check all the main areas of the hotel and perform any repairs needed.
• Utilize the Preventative Maintenance Schedule and the Preventative Maintenance Monthly and weekly sheets to keep track of maintenance performed on various pieces of equipment
• Maintain records of parts used, time spent and repairs performed.
• Record maintenance performed in the Facilities Management software.
• Perform scheduled preventative maintenance in guest rooms, meeting rooms, and/or public spaces as required, including touch-up painting, minor furniture repairs, replacing light and plumbing fixtures, inspecting and repairing grout and caulking and ensuring that all necessary hardware and appliances are present in the room and in working order.
• Maintain, repair and clean all guest rooms in accordance with the hotel guestroom room preventative maintenance checklist, procedures and standard guidelines.
• Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others, and support team to reach common goals.
• Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards and address guests’ service needs.
• Follow all company policies and procedures, ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional, maintain confidentiality of proprietary information, and protect company assets.
• Ensure the hotel and other properties meet health, safety and environmental requirements and complies with legislative and statutory requirements
• Ensure the Company provides an environment that is healthy, safe and secure to all guests and employees
• Promote safe work practices among on-site staff and ensure ‘safe system of work’ programs are implemented and followed
• Follow all Company, safety and security policies and procedures; report maintenance problems, safety hazards, accidents, or injuries.
• Ensure that work conditions and practices comply with the OSH Act
• Report all health and safety concerns
• Adhere to all Company standards, policies, and procedures
• Perform any other related duties as required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPRIENCE
NEC Technician Diploma -Electrical/Mechanical/Air Condition/Refrigeration
• Must be computer literate
• At least 2 years’ prior experience in a related field will be an asset
• Certification in a related trade will be an asset
• Excellent customer service skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills