|Job Title: Facility Manager
Reporting to: Operations Manager
|To manage, develop and deliver Building Services, Building Fabric, Grounds Maintenance, Security Services, Cleaning Services and Helpdesk provision to ensure an efficient, cost effective, professional and customer-focused service is provided to the highest quality in line with best practice.|
|MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES|
|This role will include a variety of tasks including the following:
– To ensure all Service Level Agreements are in place and monitored to meet the required contractual standards.
– To produce and present relevant management information including provision of reports and presentations at a frequency required by line manager.
– Management and co-ordination of works and services [including ordering and raising commissions] to ensure delivery to budget, on time and to the satisfaction of the customer / client.
– Responsible for achievement and continuous improvement of all KPI’s / PI’s within sphere of influence.
– To ensure all relevant programmes / plans are produced, maintained and delivered in line with agreed timescales and budgets.
– To provide a safe and secure environment via appropriate security services, systems and processes.
– Assist with management of projects as required, including development of schemes, commissioning and management of the projects.
– Responsible for management of relevant budgets ensuring effective control of costs and income, achievement of financial targets and development of new / improved income streams within sphere of responsibility.
– Assist with the timely procurement and subsequent management of contracts in relation to the services provided.
– Production of Customer Satisfaction Surveys and Benchmarking activities, taking action to remedy issues / improvements in a timely manner.
– Management, monitoring and reporting of in-house and contracted services to ensure delivery is to the highest possible standards.
– Effective management, communication, monitoring and mitigation of health & safety and environmental risks and issues to ensure that risk is effectively removed or controlled both internally and with contractors or other third parties.
– Assist with the development, management, testing and maintenance of Business Continuity and Disaster Management plans.
– To be available as part of the management team to respond to emergencies outside of normal hours as these arise.
– Assist with the delivery of Europa objectives in line with ‘Employer of Choice’ status
|QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE|
– Significant experience of working in a Facilities Management environment [or similar] with responsibility for delivering multiple building/office related services.
– Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to persuade and influence key decision makers both internally and at client level.
– Strong customer focus in identifying, meeting and exceeding the needs of customers with a proven track record of achievement.
– Excellent financial and business awareness skills to operate and monitor budgets and to introduce new business.
– Ability to produce reports, business cases, and management information in a succinct and timely manner.
– A sound understanding of ISO and Health and Safety Standards.
– A proven and demonstrable track record of achieving targets, objectives, SLA’s and KPI’s, etc.
– Proven ability to manage and motivate teams to deliver excellent customer service and exceed client expectations.
– Membership of IFMA / BIFM or other relevant professional organization.
– Evidence of Continuous Professional Development.
– A degree [or equivalent or working towards] in a business, management, property or related subject.
|– Ability to plan and prioritize own workload to deadlines
– The ability to work under pressure and on your own initiative.
– Competent in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills
– Excellent interpersonal skills
– Excellent networking and relationship building skills (internal and external)
– Ability to manage competing priorities and key stakeholders