|Job Title: Facility/Property Manager
Reporting to: Operations Manager
|To manage, develop and deliver Building Services, Building Fabric, Grounds Maintenance, Security Services, Cleaning Services and Helpdesk provision to ensure an efficient, cost effective, professional and customer-focused service is provided to the highest quality in line with best practice.|
|MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES|
|This role will include a variety of tasks including the following:
– To ensure all Service Level Agreements are in place and monitored to meet the required contractual standards.
– To produce and present relevant management information including provision of reports and presentations at a frequency required by line manager.
– Management and co-ordination of works and services [including ordering and raising commissions] to ensure delivery to budget, on time and to the satisfaction of the customer / client.
– Responsible for achievement and continuous improvement of all KPI’s / PI’s within sphere of influence.
– To ensure all relevant programs / plans are produced, maintained and delivered in line with agreed timescales and budgets.
– To provide a safe and secure environment via appropriate security services, systems and processes.
– Assist with management of projects as required, including development of schemes, commissioning and management of the projects.
– Responsible for management of relevant budgets ensuring effective control of costs and income, achievement of financial targets and development of new / improved income streams within sphere of responsibility.
– Assist with the timely procurement and subsequent management of contracts in relation to the services provided.
– Production of Customer Satisfaction Surveys and Benchmarking activities, taking action to remedy issues / improvements in a timely manner.
– Management, monitoring and reporting of in-house and contracted services to ensure delivery is to the highest possible standards.
– Effective management, communication, monitoring and mitigation of health & safety and environmental risks and issues to ensure that risk is effectively removed or controlled both internally and with contractors or other third parties.
– Assist with the development, management, testing and maintenance of Business Continuity and Disaster Management plans.
– To be available as part of the management team to respond to emergencies outside of normal hours as these arise.
– Market the community and the commercial & retail units for sales and rent.
– Prepare, process and sign all leases and related items.
– Collect rents, utility bill assessments, and handle delinquent accounts to ensure funds are collected within agreed timeframe stated on leases.
– Maintain all necessary records of all financial transactions for the community.
– Handle all details with move-ins and move-outs. Perform a complete walk through for assessment of damages to the interior and exterior of the home and site.
– Ensure that the tenants are provided a clean, safe, and well maintained community.
– Work within the established budget and notify the property manager of variances from the budget.
– Work with residents to ensure positive tenant and community relations.
– Report accidents and emergency situations to the property manager immediately and prepare and file the proper reports.
– Continually inspect the property, recording deficiencies and notifying the tenant to take corrective action and monitor progress.
– Assist with the establishment of property improvement plans to bring the community to a high standard of appearance, serviceability and durability.
– Update and maintain all required database information using software system.
– Work closely with tenants/owners to ensure positive tenant and community relations.
– Co-ordinate community marketing events within common areas.
– Assist with the delivery of Europa objectives in line with ‘Employer of Choice’ status
– To provide quantifiable expertise in the management of facilities management services to include at least the following areas of expertise: cleaning, waste management, building and civil engineering services.
– To ensure that all life safety systems, security & communications systems are maintained to the appropriate standards/specifications and are operational during trading hours.
– The building fabric/finishes are cleaned, maintained & repaired to ensure that the aesthetics of the center maintain a quality environment.
– To forward plan asset and fabric lifecycle replacement programs with sustainable solutions – PPM program to be developed and enhanced.
– Ensure that the performance of contractors for the site meet the high standards expected, by setting clear objectives and regular reviews of progress.
– Contribute to the Centre Business Plan and monitor onsite performance to meet objectives.
– Ensure departments meet with legislation and comply with Corporate and internal policies and procedures
– Control and authorization of the facilities department, ensuring budgets are appropriately managed.
– Input into the creation of department budgets and manage accordingly.
– Assist retailers/ tenants in the event of an emergency breakdown or malfunction, which affects the safety or comfort of other retailers and/or customers.
– Responsible for the investigation of any third-party complaints or claims relating to Health & Safety with the relating procedures of insurance, public liability and property.
|QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE|
– Significant experience of working in a Facilities/Property Management environment [or similar] with responsibility for delivering multiple building/office related services.
– Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to persuade and influence key decision makers both internally and at client level.
– Strong customer focus in identifying, meeting and exceeding the needs of customers with a proven track record of achievement.
– Excellent financial and business awareness skills to operate and monitor budgets and to introduce new business.
– Ability to produce reports, business cases, and management information in a succinct and timely manner.
– A sound understanding of ISO and Health and Safety Standards.
– A proven and demonstrable track record of achieving targets, objectives, SLA’s and KPI’s, etc.
– Proven ability to manage and motivate teams to deliver excellent customer service and exceed client expectations.
– Membership of IFMA / BIFM or other relevant professional organization.
– Evidence of Continuous Professional Development.
– A degree [or equivalent or working towards] in a business, management, property or related subject.
|– Ability to plan and prioritize own workload to deadlines
– The ability to work under pressure and on your own initiative.
– Competent in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills
– Excellent interpersonal skills
– Excellent networking and relationship building skills (internal and external)
– Ability to manage competing priorities and key stakeholders