|JOB DESCRIPTION – Facility Technician|
|Job Title: Facility Technician
|Europa is committed to a heritage of professionalism and quality that makes us a respected supplier of integrated services in our industry. We offer a range of contractual services to cover the most demanding of service needs. We work with leading “blue-chip” organisations and key retail clients understanding the markets we serve. Flexibility is needed in the delivery of our services, this is reflected in the operation of our organisations and the “partnering” principles customers seek. At Europa we recognise that the growth and success of our company is dependent on the people we employ and the way that they are developed and stimulated within our organisation.
All tasks to be undertaken in accordance with the company’s quality assurance policies and procedures and in accordance with the company’s health and safety procedures.
|MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES|
|· Experience in carrying out general building services and other duties i.e. HVAC, Electrical, Mechanical, Instrumentation, plumbing, lamp and tube replacement and basic carpentry.
· Able to assist general wear and tear repairs, general plumbing assistance as well as assisting in proactive maintenance of the facilities
· Able to assist in other civil/carpentry as may be required from time to time
· Performs Preventive Maintenance tasks on all site assets
· Knowledge of safety precautions required for isolating and maintaining services systems throughout a large site e.g. Electrical, HVAC systems, pumps, valves, motors etc.
· Responds to emergency situations during and after hours for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns.
· Performs a wide variety of general and semiskilled maintenance activities (e.g. carpentry, painting, electrical, etc.) for the purpose of completing projects within established time frames.
· Installs system component parts and equipment and facility components (e.g. lighting, heating and ventilating systems, alarms, plumbing, security, electrical panels, etc.) for the purpose of providing a safe and workable environment.
· Coordinates with skilled tradesmen and/or assigned supervisor(s) for the purpose of completing projects and work orders efficiently.
· Assists skilled maintenance workers with projects (e.g. transporting and/or securing materials, completing specific tasks, etc.) for the purpose of completing projects in a safe, efficient manner.
· Cleans District buildings and grounds areas as needed and/or assigned for the purpose of providing an effective working environment, preventing damage and/or limiting liability exposure.
· Repairs furniture and building system components for the purpose of ensuring a safe working condition.
· Maintains assigned vehicle, tools and equipment for the purpose of ensuring availability in safe operating condition.
· Maintains on-site equipment
· Assists with Grounds maintenance / landscaping
· Able to conduct routine daily checks of the facilities
· Prepares written materials (e.g. job cards, daily & nightly checklists, pool checks etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities and/or conveying information.
· Provides feedback to Help Desk and Team Lead on all jobs
· Report all Near Misses
· Identify and report HSE issues
· Make recommendations for more efficient operations
· Able to assist in haulage, packing, movement of office equipment etc
· Arranges furniture and equipment for the purpose of providing adequate preparations for special events.
· Transports a variety of tools, equipment and supplies for the purpose of ensuring the availability of materials required at job site.
· Be capable of safe work on all above mentioned equipment and able to identify possible failure of such equipment on visual inspection.
· Be trained to carry out basic checks on portable electrical equipment
· Participates in meetings, workshops, trainings, and seminars for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform functions.
· Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
· Any other duties that may be added on from time to time
|Qualifications and Experience|
· Previous experience of working within a Building Services environment
· Basic skills in HVAC, Electrical, Electronics, Carpentry, Plumbing, Masonry and Tiling or effective combination of skills
· Good oral, written communication skills.
· The ability to multi task.
· Be able to cope well under pressure.
|· Diligent and conscientious worker
· Ability to focus on best practice, using his/her creative approach and personality to influence at all levels to meet demanding targets and deadlines.
· Good verbal and written communication skills. Able to articulate clearly and credibly with the client, senior managers and all staff.
· Capability to work unsupervised and take responsibility
· Aptitude to remain calm under pressure
· Smart appearance