This position is primarily geared towards ensuring the accuracy of goods picked for delivery. This is an entry level position which requires physical fitness, endurance and the ability to withstand cold temperatures. Essential duties include picking of goods as per given invoices and informing the dispatcher about the unavailability of goods that may be listed on the invoice. The Warehouse Attendant is responsible for ensuring that goods off-loaded from containers are placed in the proper storage area. For e.g. Frozen items like ice creams must be moved to the freezer immediately after off-loading to maintain quality. They must adhere to the company’s policies and procedures; and must report any issues that arise promptly to Management.
This position reports to the Warehouse Manager(s) directly.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Picking of goods for delivery as per given invoice.
• Assisting in off-loading goods from containers and ensuring that they are stored in the proper environment, i.e. dry or chilled areas.
• Ensuring goods are rotated according to the First In, First Out System.
• Ensuring goods are kept in good condition in the packing and picking process.
• Any other duties as may be assigned.
OTHER FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Warehouse Attendant will perform other duties as assigned by the Warehouse Manager that may be deemed necessary for the effective functioning of the Department. Such duties may include, but are not limited to:-
1. Minor tasks related to assisting with moving pallets or moving vehicles from the driveways and aisles as necessary and if licensed to do so.
2. Operating forklifts if licensed to do so.
HSE Roles and Responsibilities of Staff:
1. All Employees demonstrate accountability by:
2. Following all HSE rules at all times.
3. Stopping any work that they recognize as being unsafe and reporting it to their Supervisor.
4. Reporting all accidents and incidents they are involved in or witness to their direct Supervisor as soon as they reasonably can.
5. Using all equipment in the work place as designed and with design operating safety features.
6. Conduct themselves in a professional manner at all times, treating everyone in a cordial and direct fashion. HADCO expects everyone to be treated with respect and dignity at all times.
7. Becoming familiar with the HSE procedures required to perform their jobs safely.
8. Ensuring full compliance with all applicable legislations and site regulations.
9. Attending and actively participate in scheduled HSE training meetings, toolbox talks and HSE programs.
10. Performing all work in a safe manner.
11. Using all Safe Systems of Work available. For example Job Safety Analysis (JSA), Permits, Risk Assessments, Checklists etc.
12. Observing good housekeeping practice.
13. Reporting the taking of any medication while on the work place to their Supervisor.
1. Completion of Secondary School.
2. Ability to read and write and understand instructions.
1. 3 (Three) Ordinary Level Passes
2. Fit physical condition
3. Ability to withstand cold temperatures
4. Pleasant Disposition and well mannered
5. Ability to communicate well
6. Team Player
7. Previous Experience in Freezer Warehousing/Delivery Environment
1. 2-3 years’ experience in Warehousing and Delivery
2. Ability to multitask well
1. Forklift License (If applicable)
2. Certificate of Character
3. Fully Vaccinated against Covid-19