This position is geared towards delivery of Food Items to Supermarkets, Restaurants and Small shops throughout Trinidad and Tobago. This is an entry level position which requires physical fitness and endurance. Essential duties include loading of trucks and vans before delivery; performing basic maintenance checks on vehicles to ensure that vehicles are in safe driving condition; and reporting any issues to Management. The driver is also responsible for the safety of the goods in the truck during delivery; and is accountable for all yellow copies of invoices. They must ensure that trucks are washed and cleaned as needed. Drivers must adhere to the company’s policies and procedures and obey all driving/traffic regulations; and must report any issues that arise promptly to Management.
This position reports to the Warehouse Manager(s) directly.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Loading of trucks prior to delivery.
2. Driving in a safe and courteous manner, so as not to cause harm or injury to self, others, or property and ensuring that Timesheets are completed after each stop to account for time spent at each location and returning the Timesheet to the Warehouse after deliveries for the day are completed.
3. Delivery of goods to customers and ensuring that goods given are in excellent condition and not damaged or defaced in any way.
4. Conducting two (2) or more trips as deemed necessary by Management.
5. Accounting for Yellow Copies received from customers after the delivery is completed and ensuring that they are returned to the Warehouse and given to a Supervisor to check off. All returned goods should be accounted for in the presence of the Receiving Supervisor.
6. Performing checks, refueling delivery vehicle on a daily basis and washing and maintaining the cleanliness of said vehicle.
OTHER FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Driver will perform other duties as assigned by the Warehouse Manager that may be deemed necessary for the effective functioning of the Department. Such duties may include, but are not limited to:
1. Offloading of Containers.
2. Minor tasks related to assisting with moving pallets or moving vehicles from the driveways and aisles as necessary.
1. Completion of Secondary School
2. Ability to read and write and understand instructions
1. 3 (Three) Ordinary Level Passes
2. Fit physical condition
3. Pleasant Disposition and well mannered
4. Ability to communicate well
5. Team Player
6. Previous Experience in Warehousing/Delivery Environment
1. 2-3 years’ experience in Warehousing and Delivery
2. Ability to multitask well
3. Comprehensive knowledge of the geography of Trinidad and Tobago
1. Heavy-T/Light-T Driving Permit
2. Defensive Driving Certificate
3. Certificate of Character
4. Forklift License (If applicable)
5. Fully Vaccinated against Covid-19
HSE Roles and Responsibilities of Staff:
1. All Employees demonstrate accountability by:
2. Following all HSE rules at all times.
3. Stopping any work that they recognize as being unsafe and reporting it to their Supervisor.
4. Reporting all accidents and incidents they are involved in or witness to their direct Supervisor as soon as they reasonably can.
5. Using all equipment in the workplace as designed and with design operating safety features.
6. Conduct themselves in a professional manner at all times, treating everyone in a cordial and direct fashion. HADCO expects everyone to be treated with respect and dignity at all times.
7. Becoming familiar with the HSE procedures required to perform their jobs safely.
8. Ensuring full compliance with all applicable legislations and site regulations.
9. Attending and actively participate in scheduled HSE training meetings, toolbox talks and HSE programs.
10. Performing all work in a safe manner.
11. Using all appropriate PPE in a correct manner.
12. Using all Safe Systems of Work available. For example: Job Safety Analysis (JSA), Permits, Risk Assessments, Checklists etc.
13. Observing good housekeeping practice.
14. Reporting the taking of any medication while on the workplace to their Supervisor.