Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the following position at the Caura Hospital, North-Central Regional Health Authority (NCRHA):
The incumbent will be responsible for performing duties requiring advanced skills, and supervises subordinate professional and sub-professional personnel performing less direct and routine nursing and custodial functions. Work is performed with considerable independence in accordance with professional nursing standards, established policies and practices. Work performance is subject to review by the Nursing Supervisor or Nurse Manager through ward visits, staff conferences and reviews of reports
- Assists in the clinical teaching of nursing students and trainees, providing them with adequate learning experiences.
- Cooperates with members of the healthcare team and personnel of other departments in providing for patients total needs.
- Assists with the acquisition and inventory of medical supplies, medicines and equipment necessary for patient healthcare.
- Assigns duties to professional and non-professional personnel in the unit.
- Evaluates nursing activities ensuring patient care, staff relations and efficiency of services.
- Performs Nursing rounds assessing the needs of patients.
- Accompanies the medical staff on ward rounds and contributes to the plan of care for patients.
- Prepares unit reports on matters pertaining to nursing.
- Participates in the orientation and training of personnel.
- Identifies nursing service needs and problems and assists in their resolution.
- Prepares duty rosters of nursing personnel in the department and supervises the unit’s personnel in patient care and in the maintenance of patient records.
- Identifies clients with social needs and refer them to the relevant department.
- Interprets audit deficiencies and provide corrective measures to capture improved patient care.
- Assists with the preparation of programmes and budget proposals to meet the nursing needs of the unit.
- Participates in research activities related to the improvement of nursing care.
- Evaluates employee performance, attendance, punctuality and time management, issuing verbal and or written warning as/when required in accordance with the Authority’s regulations, policies and guidelines.
- Performs related duties as required.
Minimum Qualifications, Training and Experience:
Minimum of five (5) years’ experience as professional nurse, and training as evidenced by possession of a degree in Nursing from a recognised Nursing school.
- Bachelor degree in Nursing Administration would be an asset.
- Post-basic experience in Accident & Emergency, Trauma would be an asset.
- Certification in supervisory management would be an asset.
- Registration with the Nursing Council of Trinidad and Tobago in General.
* Certificates acquired at foreign universities MUST be supported by certified transcripts as well as evidence that the completed programme is accredited in Trinidad and Tobago*
Applications must be submitted along with Curriculum Vitae by
December 16, 2019 to:
Office of the General Manager, Human Resources
North-Central Regional Health Authority
Building #39, Third Floor
Eric Williams Medical Sciences Complex
Unsuitable/late applications will not be acknowledged.