Applications are invited for suitably qualified persons to fill the following position at the North-Central Regional Health Authority (NCRHA).
COUVA MEDICAL MULTI-TRAINING FACILITY (C.M.M.F)
The incumbent will be required to manage, plan and organize the operations of a large hospital. The officer is also required to interpret and ensure the implementation of the policy decisions of the governing authority and includes formulating hospital policies with considerable independence, initiative and judgement within the framework of policies and decisions of the governing authority and is subject to review by the Management Committee for accomplishment and adherence to policies.
- Plans, organize, directs and co-ordinates the activities of a large hospital.
- Ensures the effective implementation of policy decisions with respect to the operations of a large hospital.
- Develops, establish and maintains systems for the effective management of a large hospital.
- Monitors and ensure the observance of standards, policies and procedures as laid down with respect to recruitment, training, discipline and conditions of service of all categories of employees.
- Assesses and determines staffing needs and assists in policy formulation in the area of manpower planning and development.
- Manages the hospital’s financial resources and provides the rationale for the effective utilization thereof.
- Develops and maintain a proper and adequate system of accounting for the effective financial control of funds.
- Ensures the preparation of the annual estimates of revenue and expenditure.
- Prepares and submit reports on matters pertaining to the administration of the hospital.
- Convenes inter-departmental meetings, participates in committee meetings and liaises with department heads and relevant personnel to discuss operational problems to ensure the smooth and efficient functioning of a large hospital.
- Ensures the programmes of preventative maintenance and corrective work to provide the proper functioning of all equipment. Plant and machinery are instituted and maintained.
- Liaises with public and private sectors on health and related matters for the proper administration and operation of the hospital.
- Conducts training programmes/refresher courses for subordinates.
Minimum Qualifications, Training and Experience:
- Degree in Hospital Administration or Health Services Administration or a Medical Degree supplemented by a Diploma in Hospital Administration.
- Minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in a hospital environment; five (5) of which should be at a middle or senior professional level.
- Training and experience in Hospital Administration.
* Certificates acquired at foreign universities MUST be supported by certified transcripts as well as evidence that the completed programme is accredited in Trinidad and Tobago.*
All applications should be submitted with a cover letter, a detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of relevant certificates, birth certificate, a police certificate of good character, a contact number and two (2) testimonials by October 06, 2020and addressed (with the name of the position applied for, clearly labelled, on the outside of the envelope and the cover letter). To:
Office of the General Manager, Human Resources
North-Central Regional Health Authority
Building # 39, Third Floor
Eric Williams Medical Sciences Complex
Unsuitable/late applications will not be acknowledged.