PURPOSE OF JOB
The Junior Business Delivery Engineer plays a vital role in enabling the control and delivery of strategic and operational objectives within Unipet. The incumbent would be responsible for supporting the optimization and digital transformation of departmental activities and processes. Additionally, the Junior Business Delivery Engineer would be self-motivated, dependable and able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment while maintaining 100% total client focus.
• Design solutions to streamline departmental activities / processes.
• To develop applications and dashboards using Microsoft Power Platform.
• Manage the databases for developed applications.
• Maintain developed applications by providing support for technical issues and in implementing feature updates.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: PERFORMANCE MEASURES
• Understand and support problems, analyses problem data and determine appropriate solutions;
• Talk to clients through a series of actions, either face-to-face or over the telephone, to help set up systems or resolve issues.
• Provide user management functions in company applications;
• Support the roll-out of new applications;
• Research and test new technology which would add new services or improve processes within the company;
• Conduct staff training session on new Applications and Business Intelligence tools
• Provide support to the Business Delivery Manager to effectively and efficiently complete projects.
• Provide basic training on the use of Power Apps.
• Provide basic training on the use of Power BI.
• Keep up-to-date with Power Platform best practices.
• Ensure all apps and dashboards comply with Power Platform best practices.
• Comply with and support the Company’s Health, Safety and Environmental policies, procedures and programmes and any other applicable legislation and standards.
• Recognize and understand the health and safety risk associated with assigned job tasks.
• Perform all duties in a manner that promotes good health and hygiene, no harm to the environment, and no injury to self or risk to others.
• Stop work if any work-related safety incident is imminent or occurs, in a manner compliant with Company policies and procedures and regulatory requirements.
• Wear and maintain PPE as required and in the manner prescribed.
• Attend HSE training as required by the Company.
• Report all HSE related incidents according to Company procedures and assist in incident investigations, as necessary.
• Comply with scheduled or random drug and alcohol testing according to Company’s policy.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and supervisors.
• Maintain regular and consistent attendance and punctuality, in keeping with the Company’s policies.
• Maintain proper personal hygiene and professional grooming and appearance, within the dress code and PPE requirements, as stated in the Company’s policies.
• Attend training as required by the Company.
• Perform any other job-related duties as assigned from time to time.
• Diploma/Associates Degree in Computer Science, Electrical & Computer Engineering, Industrial Engineering or related field.
• Microsoft Power Platform and/or Microsoft Office Certificates are a plus.
• A minimum of one (1) years’ experience working in a professional environment.
• Experience with office administration would be an asset.
• Experience with relational databases and query syntax would be an asset.
• Experience with any programming or markup languages would be a plus.