|Job Title: Landscaping Maintenance Team Supervisor
Hours of Work: 40 Hours per week (on occasion there will be a requirement to be available for advice outside of normal working hours)
|To ensure an exemplary standards of customer and operational service are provided to the client, tenants and visitors to the site at all times. The Landscaping Maintenance Team Supervisor will provide support to the Facility Manager for team building and morale and be required to foster a good relationship with our customers.|
|MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES|
|The position of Landscaping Maintenance Team Supervisor is a highly trustworthy position responsible for assuring that all contracts are performed at the level described in the Scope of Work and the customer’s expectations.
Job responsibilities include:
· Coordinate the scheduled use of resources such as labor, equipment, and materials to ensure maximum use and completion of work within budget, safety guidelines and quality standards
· Guide and mentor field staff and assist them in carrying out their duties and serve as the primary interface between the customer and the crew
· Prioritize projects, assign work tasks to crew members, procure required materials, file work orders and maintain written or electronic records of projects
· Lead the crew and participate in performing the wide variety of general maintenance tasks required
· Instruct employees in proper work methods and standards; monitor crew work quality; ensure adherence to time schedules and safe work practices, provide performance feedback and input into performance reviews
· Plans, schedules and coordinates jobs across multiple contract sites
· Manages equipment, tools and inventory required to execute all works and services
· Assigns duties to staff and regularly inspects and audits their work to ensure that established standards are met
· Issues all cleaning and landscaping supplies and equipment to staff as needed
· Take inventory of all supplies and equipment and informing management when supplies are depleted
· Assists with the screening and hiring of new job applicants
· Provides training and guidance to landscaping team
· Resolves conflicts between staff in an efficient manner
· Attending meetings and in-service training sessions as required
· Performing all duties necessary in instances of staff shortages
· Attending meetings and in-service training sessions as required.
· Performing all janitorial and landscaping duties necessary in instances of staff shortages.
· Is responsible for quality control, staffing, training, work assignments and time cards.
· Quality control requires regular written on-site inspections conducted with Site Supervisor and/or customer
· Ability to fill out clear, legible written reports, quality control inspections, Purchase Order request, employee evaluations, inventory reports and other forms as needed.
· Expertise in communicating complex tasks in a simple format to line workers and supervisors.
· Working knowledge of computer software including spreadsheets, word processing and other products used in managing accounts.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Thorough knowledge of standard practices, materials, tools, and equipment utilized in the area of assigned work including landscaping, street and pathways maintenance and facility maintenance.
· Considerable knowledge of work hazards and applicable safety precautions associated with assigned area of work.
· Considerable knowledge of equipment use and skill in the operation of various types of equipment Working knowledge of leadership skills including communications, motivation, and performance feedback.
· Working knowledge of horticultural practices.
· Advanced skill in the operation of equipment, tools, and instruments used for assigned work areas
· Intermediate skill in the operation of computers and related equipment.
· Basic skill in writing routine reports and documents.
· Ability to assign and supervise the work of others, provide instruction, lead a small crew and inspire confidence.
· Ability to understand and follow oral instructions.
· Ability to read and interpret documents and construction drawings.
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisors, coworkers, and the public.
· Ability to participate in stand-by duty and report back to work if called.
|Qualifications and Experience|
· Five years relevant experience required with two years in a supervisory capacity preferred. Considerable experience in grounds and/or facility maintenance including equipment operation and trades work; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
· Good communication skills both verbal and written
· Good customer care skills
· Smart Clean Appearance
· Totally committed to quality
· Excellent communication and team working skills.
· Ability to work under own initiative with a proactive outlook
· Ability to work unsupervised and take responsibility