The Maintenance Manager is responsible for developing, coordinating, monitoring and managing the Electrical and Mechanical Systems, Processes and Procedures
• Initiate, implement and manage the plant maintenance programme based on best practices with an emphasis on
planning, scheduling and preventive/predictive maintenance.
• Coordinate maintenance activities and communication directly with Operations Units to conduct work and repairs
per the maintenance schedule/breakdowns.
• Ensure availability and reliability of machinery through proper maintenance.
• Monitor and report on the use and inventory of spare parts, maintenance supplies and equipment.
• Monitor and report on the computerised maintenance systems, maintenance manuals and activities.
• Prepare maintenance budgets and participate in the annual corporate planning exercise.
• Assist with the planning and implementation of plant improvements and expansion as required.
• Train/Coach direct reports as required. Monitor Progress of trainees and report progress monthly to the Operations
• Supervise and communicate professionally all direct reports as to ensure effective performance in accordance with Company’s IR Policies and Procedures, Quality Control procedures and HSSE processes.
• Coach and Monitor employees on disciplinary procedures, time management and other behavioural competencies
required for the job of direct reports.
• Monitor, investigate, report to the Operations Manager and action as required, instances of daily/weekly
absenteeism tardiness or indiscipline likely to affect production in accordance with Company’s IR Policies.
• Investigate all incidents of non-conformance, variances and deviations from maintenance schedule plan.
• Comply and ensure team members compliance with the Company’s rules, policies and standards including
OSH/HSSE Policies and ISO 9001.
• Prepare reports or other data as required by the Operations Manager.
• Conduct any other related duties that may be assigned by the Operations Manager/Managing Director.
• Liaise with external customers/contractors/suppliers as and when necessary.