Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the following position at the New Arima General Hospital:
MEDICAL SOCIAL WORKER (PSYCHIATRY)
The incumbent will be responsible for assessing the psychological needs of the patient and family with respect to the dynamics of the patients’ diagnosis and its consequential impact on the family i.e. emotional, psychological and financial.
- Clinically assess, plan, develop and implement social work treatment models appropriate to the patients’ needs and that of the families.
- Interprets assessment for medical/nursing staff, that is, emotional and psychological factors that may influence patient’s adjustment to illness and motivation to recovery.
- Co-management of clients’ and families by networking with other institutions.
- Timely and appropriate documentation on patients’ medical charts and social work department notes as legally required.
- Maintains and submit monthly statistical sheets.
- Participates in education and training programmes for members of staff at all levels.
- Establishes and maintain linkages with community services relating to the delivery of social services locally, regionally and internationally.
- Assists in workshop planning and development of targeted groups.
- Participates in internship programmes of Social Work, Medical and Nursing students.
- Data Collection for analysis and research activities.
- Conducts field visits.
- Performs other related duties as directed by the appropriate organisational relationships.
Minimum Qualification, Requirements and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Social Work.
- Current registration with the Medical and Psychiatric Social Workers Board of Trinidad and Tobago.
* Certificates acquired at foreign universities MUST be supported by certified transcripts as well as evidence that the completed programme is accredited in Trinidad and Tobago.
All applications should be submitted with a cover letter, a detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of relevant certificates, birth certificate, a police certificate of good character, a contact number and two (2) testimonials by July 19, 2020 and addressed (with the name of the position applied for, clearly labelled, on the outside of the envelope and the cover letter). To:
Office of the General Manager, Human Resources
North-Central Regional Health Authority
Building # 39, Third Floor
Eric Williams Medical Sciences Complex
Unsuitable/late applications will not be acknowledged.