The incumbent is required to provide technical services in the operations and maintenance of the computer network (hardware and software, intranet, internet, portal, communications, LANs, WANs) and related connectivity infrastructure of the organization.
– Conduct research on networks and networking products in facilitation of procurement.
– Evaluate and recommends network and server hardware and software for purchase.
– Assist in planning for the future strategy of networks and servers and providing budgetary
information as needed.
– Define and implement network disaster recovery and hardware, software and information
protection and file integrity.
-Troubleshoot and solve the most complex network connectivity problems, including monitoring
the network and servers for problems and taking the appropriate corrective measures to ensure
an expedient resolution.
QUALIFICATIONS AND/OR EXPERIENCE
– A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Information
Systems Management, Computer Engineering.
– Certification in CCNA or JNCIA or related qualification would be an asset.
– A minimum of six (6) years’ experience at a technical level, including at least three (3) years’
experience in the operation and maintenance of network and communications infrastructure.
– Experience in a Server environment would be an asset.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
– Excellent knowledge of best practices in management, control, and monitoring of server
– Excellent knowledge of firewalls, VPN’s, Proxys.
– Demonstrated knowledge of Windows, Servers and Desktop products.
– Demonstrated knowledge of setting up remote access for users.
– Ability to troubleshoot any network, service, workstation hardware and software.
– Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, promote teamwork, communicate clearly and
concisely [both orally and in writing] and provide advanced technical assistance and
comprehensive problem resolution.
Kindly forward your CV to P.O. Bag 353B St. Vincent St, POS.
Please include one (1) passport sized photo and two (2) references/referees from
non-familial members who have known you for at least five (5) years.
An Attractive Remuneration Package is being offered.
Deadline for Application Submission – May 31, 2019