|Job Title:||Operations Manager||Department:||Operations Department|
|Reports To:||General Manager Operations||Based At:||Beetham Landfill Office, Beetham HWY.|
|The incumbent has overall responsibility for the management of the Operations Department inclusive of the Company’s vehicular fleet service.
He/She shall be expected to management all mangers, supervisors and staff/workers who report to this department.
He/She will be responsible for ensuring that the Operations department functions at maximum efficiency and productivity.
|Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities|
· Manage all supervisors and direct reports for all sub-units under your purview.
· Through supervisors, ensure the work environment is safe and free from chaos and clutter.
· Ensure that there is an efficient scheduling process for the transportation and disposal of solid waste, including household hazardous material, supervises ancillary solid waste field operation, including equipment operations and repairs.
· Oversee the planning, direction, and coordination of the fleet preventative maintenance, repair and service schedules for all company owned vehicles.
· Oversee the fabricating, and repair of bins and the placement of same at customers premises; investigate and resolve customer complaints in collaboration with the Marketing Department.
· Monitors compliance of policies and procedures with the Operations Department and informs relevant departments of deviation of same.
· Prepares annual budgets and monthly reports, presentations and project status on behalf of the Operations department.
· Participates in QHSE risk assessment, inspections and related programmes to assure safe operations.
· Assists in developing the department work plan through collaboration with the General Manager Operations.
· Collaborates with Human Resources for staffing needs & Procurement for equipment, tools & vehicle replacement parts, etc.
· Ensure there is always adequate disciplined supervision of staff; ensures accurate preparation and timely submission of time sheets for payment of fortnightly staff and another payroll related documents.
· Attends monthly divisional meetings and submits report to the General Manager Operations.
· Ensure supervisors requests and distributes PPE to departmental staff in a timely manner.
· Completes all performance assessments for direct reports in a timely manner and ensure that supervisors also complete performance assessment for their direct reports as per the company’s timeline.
· All other related duties as assigned by General Manager Operations.
· Develops and maintains an efficient fleet management system which incorporates performance standards and vehicle operating policies and procedures.
· Plans and administers a preventive maintenance schedule and implement a vehicular parts replacement programme for company owned vehicles.
· Researches and implements appropriate technological solutions for computerized fleet management systems.
· Recommends vehicles earmarked for replacement and arranges for necessary disposal or auction in keeping with procurement legislation.
· Provides expert advice on the most effective strategy for procurement of vehicles for company use such as the use of lease vs. purchase in selecting varying types of vehicles utilized in the company’s operations.
· Investigates and processes all vehicular accidents and damage reports, negotiates for any possible settlements and authorizes any repairs or maintenance of company vehicles.
· Through the Supervisor, ensure that there is efficient operational staffing, to manage all service contracts.
· Ensure that the service schedules optimize best practices and timeliness through effective routing and scheduling plans and reduces the need for overtime and contractors.
· Represents the division in negotiations with vendors and service contractors and participates in contract administration and disputed contractual matters.
· Directs supervisory staff in all aspects of operation management
|Qualification and/or Experience:|
· Bachelor’s degree in Auto Mechanical Engineering/ Fleet Management and/or Operations Management.
· Class 3,4,5, Driver Permit
· Minimum of 3-5 Yrs experience in Fleet Management
· Sound knowledge of OSHA regulations
· Special knowledge of the workings of heavy equipment, hydraulics, diesel, CNG and gas vehicles
· Any suitable combination of qualifications and experience.
· Proficiency in appropriate and relevant software applications; MS Office suite
· Good interpersonal skills
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Willing to work outside of normal working hours
· Team oriented
· Ability to relate to all levels of unionized staff
· Management experience
· Ability to work in a humid environment.
Trinidad & Tobago Solid Waste Management Company Limited
34 Independence Square North
POSITION APPLIED FOR: