• Collects and verifies timesheets.
• Enters employee information and payroll data into the system.
• Answers employees’ questions and concerns regarding payroll.
• Calculate payable hours, commissions, bonuses, taxes, and deductions.
• Process new employees and terminations.
• Issue statements detailing earnings and deductions.
• Issue paychecks to employees.
• Investigate and resolve payroll discrepancies.
• Maintain and update payroll records.
• Generate payroll reports.
• Copies, files, and retrieves materials for accountsdepartment as needed.
• Complete tax payments at relevant financial bodies on a monthly basis.
• Assist with weekly credit card reconciliation.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to operate related office equipment, such as computers and copier.
• Ability to work independently and in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to anticipate work needs and interact professionally with customers.
• Must have valid driver’s license.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
Education and Experience:
• High school diploma or equivalent required; Associates or Bachelor’s degree.
• At least two years of related experience required.
• Knowledge of payroll software is beneficial along with at least 2 years previous experience in a payroll/accounts department.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software as well as other accounting software programs.