Creamery Novelties Limited is looking for Production Operators
Responsible for the daily operation of specialized dairy processing equipment according to company policy and procedures in order to produce various high quality and safe frozen desserts following standardized formulations and standard operating procedures.
This position reports to the Operations Manager directly.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Operate Production’s Operational machinery and equipment for the production of finished goods.
- Ensure all operations are conducted in compliance with operational SOPs, GMPs and safety quality control requirements.
- Perform all cleaning and sanitation of machinery and equipment in compliance with Quality Controlled department SOPs.
- Work under the guidance of Production Supervisor and or Operation’s Manager to execute daily planned schedule.
- Identify and report unsafe operations or production failures to maintenance personnel and supervisors upon immediate observation.
- Provide assistance to junior operators in their daily assigned tasks and responsibilities.
- Record all daily production logs accurately of machine’s output, overrun control log and run times for reporting to Production Supervisor on closing of shift.
- Ensure machinery, equipment and designated work area are properly maintained, kept clean and organised for efficient and safe production.
- Conduct evaluations of machinery and equipment, troubleshooting for adjustments lending to operational productivity.
- Ensure quality assurance for packaging, sizing and coding of daily planned finished goods to be adhered to.
- Work closely with Quality Control department to ensure compliance of specifications for finished goods and to resolve product quality and safety issues.
OTHER FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Any other duties as assigned by the Operations Manager that may be deemed necessary for the effective functioning of production operations.
HSE Roles and Responsibilities of Staff:
- All Employees demonstrate accountability by:
- Following all HSE rules at all times.
- Stopping any work that they recognise as being unsafe and reporting it to their Supervisor.
- Reporting all accidents and incidents they are involved in or witness to their direct Supervisor as soon as they reasonably can.
- Using all equipment in the workplace as designed and with design operating safety features.
- Conduct themselves in a professional manner at all times, treating everyone in a cordial and direct fashion. HADCO expects everyone to be treated with respect and dignity at all times.
- Becoming familiar with the HSE procedures required to perform their jobs safely.
- Ensuring full compliance with all applicable legislations and site regulations.
- Attending and actively participate in scheduled HSE training meetings, toolbox talks and HSE programmes.
- Performing all work in a safe manner.
- Using all Safe Systems of Work available. For example Job Safety Analysis (JSA), Permits, Risk Assessments, Checklists etc.
- Observing good housekeeping practice.
- Reporting the taking of any medication while at the workplace to their Supervisor.
- Secondary school certification or other relevant qualification.
- Previous machine operating experience is desired but not essential.
- Ability to read, write, count and perform arithmetic computations.
- Standing for extended periods, bending, reaching, twisting, stooping.
- Requires dexterity, mechanical aptitude, basic mechanical reasoning, problem solving and the ability to learn.
- Able to work in a team environment.
- Must be able to receive and follow instructions.
- Ability to work shifts, overtime, and weekends.
- Must be able to lift and move up to 50lb (23kg).
- Previous experience in dairy operations or other Food Manufacturing Environment
- 2 – 3 years’ experience operating food processing machinery
- Certificate of Character
- Food Badge
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
A manufacturing environment – the ability to multitask as various activities such as bending, lifting, walking, sitting, turning, climbing and repetitive motion are necessary.
It is essential that all HSSE policies and procedures are followed in an effort to create a safe and comfortable working environment for all. Therefore, activities such as bending, lifting, climbing, cleaning with chemicals etc. must be done in the correct manner; and employees must wear proper PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) to ensure that any risk to self, others, or property is minimized.