The Production Supervisor is responsible for coordinating, executing, monitoring and documenting the company’s processing and packaging operations in accordance with approved safety, efficiency and quality standards so that the established operational targets are met in a timely and cost effective manner.
1. To assist in the planning and scheduling of the daily operations of the processing and packaging production lines to ensure that established work targets are achieved.
2. Coordinate the planning, allocation and assignment of required manpower for assigned shift operations based on the approved operations plan.
3. Execute the approved operations plan in order to meet and or exceed operation targets.
4. Execute verification and validation of approved sales orders in a timely, accurate and efficient manner.
5. Ensure the application and implementation of established health and safety standards and procedures for all production lines.
6. Ensure that approved quality standards and specifications are maintained and initiate corrective action to correct production discrepancies.
7. Monitor the performance of subordinate line personnel to ensure that desired productivity levels for processing and packaging operations are achieved in accordance with the approved operations plan.
8. Provide technical advice, guidance and on the job training for subordinate personnel so as to create and maintain effective levels of productivity.
9. Ensure that maintenance job requests forms are completed and forwarded to the maintenance supervisor to allow for the timely servicing of required equipment and materials to ensure smooth functioning of production lines.
10. Ensure the timely preparation and submission of production summaries, labour allocation sheets and related log sheets in accordance with approved procedures and practices and maintain records of such documents.
11. Accomplishes manufacturing staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
12. Process employee time cards and hours worked for subordinates in accordance with approved procedures.
13. Provide and/or prepare additional written reports to management as requested.
14. Identify and investigate operational or production discrepancies in liaison with departmental counterparts (Maintenance, QA, Warehousing, etc) and initiate corrective action as required and submit written report.
15. Responsible for start-up activities including plant inspection, verification and other related tasks to ensure production line is fit and ready for production and complies with quality and safety standards. To correct any deficiencies identified that may be a hindrance to safe and effective production.
16. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
18. Perform other related duties as required by job function based on the exigencies of the company.