PLEASE READ CAREFULLY, BECAUSE UNSUITABLE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Our client in the fashion industry requires an experienced Purchasing Supervisor. The Purchasing Supervisor’s role requires a good understanding of Supplier Relationship Management, Inventory Management and the Sales Cycle, as well as good working knowledge of the Company’s brands, marketing strategies, promotional activities, customer retention programmes and leading diverse teams is required. The Purchasing Supervisor must be capable of Supervising the operations of the Purchasing Department. The successful candidate will possess leadership skills, be creative, be able to take initiative and will be able to work under extreme pressure and deadlines.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) in Purchasing, Business Management, Finance or related area
- Professional Certification in Purchasing (CIPS etc) or equivalent
- Minimum of three years’ experience in a supervisory position will be an asset.
- Demonstrated experience and competency with Supplier Management
- Demonstrated experience and competency in conducting negotiations and dealing with international suppliers
- Demonstrated experience developing and implementing best practice Procurement policies and procedures
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office
- A valid passport and US visa are prerequisites for this position
- Combination of experience and/or qualification will be considered