• Perform preventive maintenance of Refrigeration and Air Conditioning equipment and systems.
• Repair faulty Refrigeration and Air Conditioning equipment and Plant.
• Perform routine checks and logs of the status of Refrigeration and Air Conditioning equipment.
• Prepare requisitions for materials required for the smooth operation of the Refrigeration and Air Conditioning
• Assist in verification of Refrigeration and Air Conditioning spares purchased/supplied.
• Ensure that the Air Conditioning system is functioning at all time.
• Trouble-shoot Air Conditioning equipment malfunctions; diagnose problems and perform maintenance on Refrigeration & Air Conditioning equipment.
• Manage the safety of the Air Conditioning Plant rooms and platforms
• Make recommendations to replace equipment if expected cost to repair exceeds possible replacement cost.
• Make minor installation decisions.
• Perform regular cleaning of the equipment, plant rooms and platforms
• Maintain job worksheets detailing nature of assignment, parts utilized, time expended, and type of work performed.
• Perform any other related functions consequential and incidental to the position.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EDUCATION:
• Diploma in Refrigeration and Air-conditioning from City & Guilds of London Institute
• Diploma in Mechanical or Electrical Technician is an added advantage.
SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
• A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a similar role.
• Must have working knowledge of three-phase electrical systems.
• Must be able to work on a shift basis and on weekends.
• Sound interpersonal skills.
• Knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite (particularly, Word, and Excel).
• Team player
• Ability to work independently / with minimal supervision
• Mature, energetic, organised and detail-oriented