PURPOSE OF JOB:
The Sales & Marketing Assistant works in support of Sales & Marketing Manager and Team Lead to facilitate the support in coordinating campaigns, administrative support, market research and execution of the annual marketing plans.
This work will be a critical factor for the smooth operation of the Sales & Marketing department and the attainment of its goals, as well as for the long-term growth of UNIPET.
• To support the Sales & Marketing Team Lead and Sales & Marketing Manager in organizing various marketing projects, market research and campaigns.
• To coordinate with various marketing suppliers such as the Advertising Agencies, Graphic Artists and Printing Companies to produce numerous sales and marketing support materials.
• To support the procurement department in the purchasing and contracting of sales and marketing materials or services.
• To facilitate the coordination of on-site sales and marketing promotions.
• To co-ordinate and set up meetings with prospective internal and external stakeholders (customers, dealers, suppliers etc).
• Employ marketing analytics techniques to gather important data (social media, web analytics, rankings etc.).
• To maintain and complete accurate daily administrative tasks to ensure the functionality and coordination of the marketing department.
• To promote goodwill between UNIPET and its stakeholders (internal and external).
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: PERFORMANCE MEASURES:
Procurement & Finance:
Working with the Procurement Department to determine various sales and marketing support items or services that should be utilized to enhance marketing executions.
Raise relevant Purchase Requisitions (PoR) to initiate the order process and secure the necessary approvals.
Follow up with relevant suppliers to confirm delivery date, time and logistics.
Follow up to ensure payment for relevant suppliers with the Finance Department.
Coordination of Unipet gas cards for external consumers.
Administration & Customer Service:
Accurately fill out the relevant finance forms which are in keeping with the obligatory requirements within the department and gain necessary approvals.
To effectively resolve consumer complaints within a timely manner by receiving, recording and finding relevant solutions to increase consumer satisfaction.
Performing relevant administrative tasks, promotional briefs and reports to support the functionality and coordination of the department’s activities.
Update spreadsheets, databases and inventories with statistical, financial and non-financial information.
Assist in developing marketing literature (brochures, press releases etc.) to augment the company’s presence in the market.
Communicate directly with internal and external stakeholders (customers and dealers) encourage trusting relationships.
Conduct market research and analyze consumer rating reports using various research mediums (eg. questionnaires) and suppliers (eg. Lucent and Caribbean Market Researchers).
Employing various marketing analytics techniques to gather important data (social media, web analytics, rankings etc.).
Sales & Marketing / Social Media:
Assist in the organization of traditional, digital, promotional or print media campaigns and attend them to facilitate their success.
Coordination of various promotional and corporate social events.
Assist in composing and posting online content/email blasts via the company’s website and social media forums.
To respond to relevant consumer comments/feedback on various social media forums.
Comply with and support the Company’s Health, Safety and Environmental policies, procedures, programs and any other applicable legislation or standard required.
Perform all duties in a manner that promotes good health and hygiene that are in compliance which does not affect any harm to the environment and no injury to self or risk to others.
Attend HSE training as required by the Company.
Comply with scheduled or random drug and alcohol testing according to UNIPET’s policy.
Report all HSE related incidents according to UNIPET’s company procedures.
Maintain an effective working relationship with co-workers and supervisors.
Perform any other job-related duties as assigned.
• Minimum a Diploma in Training/Marketing or Business Administration with:
• Effective communication skills, written and verbal, required
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher.
• Unique written voice with good self-editing skills
• A strong understanding of Internet marketing (social media).
ATTRIBUTES AND FUNCTIONAL SKILLS
• Strong planning and co-ordination skill.
• Ability to work independently.
• Motivated, outgoing and detailed-oriented personality.
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• A strong team player
• Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines.