|Reports To: The Chief Executive Officer
Supervisor To: Security Contractors and Lands
The incumbent will be responsible for managing the organisation’s internal and external security operation by providing effective leadership, guidance and direction for all Security personnel contracted to the Estate Management and Business Development (EMBD).
The incumbent will also ensure compliance with all standardized security policies and procedures with the organisation and will safeguard the organisation’s property from legal improprieties and loss. The incumbent will also be expected to recommend and review existing safety programs.
|Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Makes recommendations and implements a comprehensive organisation-wide security plan.
2. Conducts risk assessments to deal with security threats to all organization’s assets, including quarries.
3. Coordinates the performance of security providers contracted to the organization.
4. Ensures that the customer service philosophies are met and form an integral part of the everyday operation of the Security Department/Contracted Security Provider.
5. Assists in the hiring of security providers.
6. Ensures the maintenance, discipline, efficiency and good order of the Security personnel.
7. Prepares and disseminates reports related to the performance of the security providers.
8. Supervises the operational and administrative responsibilities pertaining to the organization’s security functions.
9. Assesses the implementation and maintenance of security training programs for security personnel.
10. Looks into all reports received pertaining to security issues and follow up on any required course of action, comments or directions given in this respect.
11. Liaises with the Legal Department on existing and pending contractual arrangements with security operators/providers.
12. Liaises with the Land Administration Department with respect to the monitoring and resolving of land issues.
13. Supervises and monitors the organization’s rental sites and ensure compliance.
14. Develops and implements an employee/tenant security awareness program.
15. Liaises with the relevant bodies to ensure standardization of security and safety practices.
16. Maintains an incident measurement system on a monthly basis.
17. Develops and maintains a beneficial relationship with the police and fire departments.
18. Informs and consults with the Security Consultant (if any) as to appropriate actions on various incidents.
19. Conducts preliminary investigations and ensure follow-up.
20. Minimizes the company’s liability and potential for risk.
21. Develops and updates a Crisis Response manual, in consultation with the Security Consultant (if any).
22. Sources, reviews and recommends appropriate security systems as required. (i.e. C.C.T.V., access control systems, fire safety, etc.).
23. Maintains all security equipment.
24. Ensures the organization has adequate emergency procedures and that staff are trained in them.
25. Performs other security related duties and tasks from time to time as may be directed by the CEO/General Manager.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
· Ability and experience coordinating with Government agencies including Ministry of National Security and the Commissioner of State Lands.
· Knowledge of security principles.
· Demonstrates knowledge and expertise in current industry best practices.
· Good written and oral communication skills.
· Good interpersonal skills.
· Excellent supervisory skills.
· Superior organisational ability
Deadline for submission of applications is December 15th, 2019.