• To ensure an effectively functioning team of mechanics, adequately staffed, appropriately
skilled and trained, routinely assessed, and motivated to perform.
• To ensure an organised, tidy, and well-maintained space for maintenance of the Company’s
• To ensure an adequately stocked and maintained set of tools, equipment, and spare parts for
the maintenance of the Company’s fleet of vehicles.
• Contribute to the development of a preventative maintenance schedule for the vehicles
comprising the Company’s fleet and ensure execution of the preventative maintenance
schedule for each vehicle.
• Instruct mechanics to perform periodic random inspections of the fleet of vehicles.
• Troubleshoot vehicle failure problems to accurately determine cause(s) and required
• Ensure timely and efficient mechanical repairs and maintenance to the fleet of vehicles,
minimising the downtime for each vehicle.
• Perform trending on the mechanical repairs and maintenance to each vehicle on the fleet to
anticipate problems and advise the Transport Team Leader of measures to address recurring
issues, minimise vehicle downtime and extend the useful life of the vehicles.
• Keep the Transport Team Leader apprised of major vehicle nonconformances, the remedial
actions being taken and the anticipated time for returning the vehicle to service.
• Prepare Maintenance Cost Reports for each RTW.
• Ensure that the Maintenance Workshop is adequately outfitted with the required tools and
equipment, in terms of type and number, to effectively maintain the vehicles.
• Ensure that the tools and equipment are kept organized and in good condition.
• Manage the Maintenance Workshop to a high standard of cleanliness, safety, environmental
stewardship, and aesthetics, in accordance with Company Policy and regulatory
• Support the Transport Team Leader in assessing the fleet of vehicles, providing information
for forecasting the acquisition, retirement, and replacement of equipment, and for the
development of the associated Business Cases.
• Assist the Warehouse Clerk in determining spare parts and ancillary items to be stocked, and
stock reorder thresholds.
• Ensure that the team of Mechanics is equipped with the necessary personal protective
equipment (PPE), and that the PPE is properly maintained and used, in accordance with
• Support the Emergency Response and Business Continuity protocols for any incident
involving the RTWs.
• Participate in the investigation of all incidents and accidents involving the team of Mechanics.
• Provide emergency response personnel and equipment during incidents/accidents or as
required by Company Emergency Response procedure.
• A diploma or certification in auto mechanics, automotive services, Autotronics,
electronics and/or automotive repairs.
• A minimum of three (3) CXC/CSEC O’levels including Mathematics and English.
• A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in vehicle maintenance, with at least three (3)
years’ in the maintenance of light and extra heavy trucks and Road Tank Wagons
• A minimum of two (2) years’ experience in a supervisory capacity.
• Knowledge of health, safety and environmental policies and procedures.
• Valid Driver’s Permit.
• Computer Literate; knowledge of the Microsoft suite of products.