Job Description: Software Developer
Job Reference: 1901-01-VAC-Software Developer
Contract Term: 2 years
Software Developer Job Purpose: Design and Develop software for internal and external projects by converting project requirements into code. The Software Developer position requires strong business and programming skills and would be responsible for reviewing, analyzing, developing and modifying systems including encoding, testing, debugging and installing.
Main Job Duties/Responsibilities:
- Write technical procedures and documentation for the applications
- Provide technical expertise and recommendations in assessing new IT software projects
- Work with Team members in producing viable software solutions and systems
- Identify opportunities that can improve efficiency of business processes
- Coordinate application development for multiple projects
- Assist with application installation and testing
- Follow Development best practices
- Update and maintain all task, hours and tracking systems relate to job role
- Produce Effort Estimations based on pending and outstanding tasks
- Work closely with project managers and clients
- Write reliable, well-structured and commented code
- Expected to work safely within NetEffect’s HSE rules and regulations.
- Report hazardous and other incidents involving yourself, staff or visitors, so it can investigated and managed
- Assess and report on HSE at work site as guided by the Delivery Methodology; specifically Environmental Analysis/ Prerequisites document for projects and Risk Logs and other documents as informed.
- Complete Client Site Visit Logs in a timely manner
- Follow all safety requirements for tasks, including using safety gear and protective clothing if deemed relevant. (This is guided by client requirements as NetEffect is assessed as Low Risk by STOW.)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or a combination of related experience and education.
- Should have a minimum of three (3) years of hands-on technical knowledge in the field and relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Background in Microsoft .NET, Visual Basic, Java (Angular JS), Objective C, C# would be an asset.
- Good working knowledge skills with Microsoft Office Products, Microsoft Visio, and Microsoft Project.
- Understanding of Object Oriented Programming.
- Good background in Database design and development.
- Strong SQL skills specifically MS SQL and SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Services)
- Background experience in report writing; Crystal report writing would be an asset
- Fair understanding of server architecture
- Experience with mobile technologies and mobile OS would be an asset (Android, iOS, Windows)
- Practical knowledge of MySQL, MS SQL and Oracle would be an asset
Other Key Considerations:
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience in the development and implementation of standards, procedures and guidelines to support operational processes.
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and manage changing priorities;
- Proven ability to be flexible and work hard, both independently and in a team environment, in a high pressure on-call environment with changing priorities.
- A results oriented individual who thrives working in a fast paced environment
- Willingness to work occasionally outside of normal business hours.
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills.
- A results oriented individual who thrives working in a fast paced environment.