|NATIONAL ENERGY SKILLS CENTER
JOB DESCRIPTION AND SPECIFICATION
|Subject Matter Expert (SME) – Electrician, Electrical & Instrumentation and Refrigeration & Air Conditioning|
|The incumbent will be responsible for the design, implementation, communication and co-ordination of the technical accuracy of the Electrician, Electrical & Instrumentation and Refrigeration & Air Conditioning training programmes offered by the organization. This position holds the responsibility for the subject and provides guidance on course content.|
|ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES|
|1. Develop/Review Curriculum and Courseware (Curriculum Review Committee and Academic Council)
2. Identify/Develop/Review Courseware and other course prerequisites for effective delivery of the programme
3. Develop and Review Theory Items for Tests (Pre/Post, Practice and Final)
4. Develop, Review and Verify Practical Assessments (Subject and Final)
5. Monitor Teaching & Learning Process and Identify Gaps in Course Design, Courseware, Instructor Knowledge/Competence, Facilities, Equipment and Resources.
6. Freely engage with Managers and other relevant persons to conduct gao analysis and recommend/seek required approval for corrective actions to address Gaps identified in the Teaching & Learning process, inclusive of: Instructor Knowledge/Competence, Facilities, Equipment, Resources and Testing.
7. Report any/all deficiencies identified at Campuses and provide updates on the status of corrective/improvement measures.
8. Develop and Conduct training for Instructors in areas identified.
9. Lead NESC Instructors in conducting External Practical Assessments in accordance with Affiliate requirements.
10. Conduct Exam Preparation Sessions for students and prepare Post Test Analysis/Reports and action plans(s) on Student Performance.
11. Represent NESC on External Committees, Meetings, Consultations, Conferences and Media Briefs, etc.
12. Other duties and Projects identified by Manager Teaching & Curriculum.
|QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE|
|Technician’s Diploma or equivalent;
Train the Trainer Certification;
Level 5 Assessor Certification will be an asset;
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering/Instrumentation or similar field will be an asset;
Three to Five years relevant industry/field experience
|· Ability to resolve scheduling and/or resource deployment conflicts
· Ability to apply principles, best practices, and trends in administrative management
· Ability to apply supervisory principles, practices, and methods
· Capacity to develop and build teams, and facilitate conflict resolution
· Ability to effectively manage human, financial, physical and intellectual resources in achieving business performance standard
· Knowledge of major policies and procedures governing assigned programs
· Strong customer service orientation
|· Awareness of the NESC’s business/environment
· Strong knowledge about the NESC and programs offered
· Extensive leadership experience in the development and management of education and training activities
· Well developed interpersonal, communications and negotiating capacity, including the effective use of tact and diplomacy with diverse constituencies
· Sound capacity to analyse complex situations, think conceptually and laterally, and problem-solve in a complex multi-disciplinary environment
· Good knowledge of facility operation and maintenance
· Maintenance of confidentiality of work related information and materials
· Operating knowledge of and experience with personal computers and peripherals, and ability to use office software applications (Microsoft Suite)