|TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO SOLID WASTE MANAGEMENT COMPANY LIMITED
WASTE RECYCLING MANAGEMENT UNIT
|Job Title: Systems Engineer|
|The incumbent is required to plan all technical and engineering aspects of the programme and projects of the Trinidad and Tobago Solid Waste Management Company Limited (SWMCOL). The Systems Engineer will be expected to advise on relevant developments and strategies, projects and systems which may be adopted.|
|Reports to:||Head Programme and Technical Services|
|Supervision given to:||Direct: Technical Officer|
|Duties and Responsibilities:|
|· Manages all technical and engineering aspects of the programme and projects of SWMCOL.
· Plans, organizes, coordinates and executes mechanical, infrastructural and environmental projects and analyses same to facilitate the achievement of SWMCOL’s objectives.
· Defines, develops and recommends the implementation of mechanical and infrastructural projects and systems and procedures.
· Monitors the application of established engineering policies, procedures and practices to ensure compliance with industry and operational standards.
· Prepares plans, surveys, designs and estimates of cost of systems to collect, transport and process recovered wastes.
· Prepares operational and statistical reports relating to projects.
· Prepares Scope of Works and Cost Estimates for the supply of equipment, services and engineering works, to be acquired or contracted in accordance with tendering procedures.
· Provides technical guidance and advice on project planning and development to Governmental organizations and other committees.
· Develops and implement systems for data and information gathering on the waste recycling programmes undertaken by the Authority.
· Participates in contract negotiations with contractors, clients and suppliers.
· Develops all Standard Operating Procedures required to guide internal and external processes related to the establishment of collection depots and the implementation of deposit refund systems aligned with governing waste sector legislation.
· Develops a registration system for collection depots operators and waste haulers and prepares technical compliance and operational reports.
· Ensures effective and efficient communication with registrants and stakeholders on the implementation and coordination of recycling collection depots.
· Maintains waste characterisation information and prepare reports.
· Monitors environmental impacts from operational collection depots and processing sites.
· Inspects and audits the operations of recycling facilities, collection depots and waste haulers, as required.
· Performs other related work, as may be required.
|Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:|
|Knowledge:||· Extensive knowledge of the modern principles, practices and techniques of environmental management.
· Extensive knowledge in engineering, environmental and infrastructural operations or projects.
· Extensive knowledge of computer operations and work order system software.
· Considerable knowledge of the legislation, rules and regulation pertaining to waste management.
· Considerable knowledge of industrial/ recycling equipment and tools.
· Knowledge of project management.
|Skills and Abilities:||· Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite.
· Skill in the use of project management software.
· Ability to analyze data and make appropriate recommendations.
· Ability to identify potential problems, analyse and recommend appropriate solutions.
· Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship with stakeholders, associates and the public.
· Knowledge of project management.
|Minimum Experience and Training:|
|· Minimum of eight (8) years’ experience in the field of Engineering (Civil/ Mechanical).
· Training as evidenced by a Master’s Degree in Civil/Mechanical Engineering and professional post graduate training or qualifications in project management such as the Project Management Professional (PMP) certification, PRINCE2 etc.
· Any equivalent combination of qualifications, skills and experience will be considered.
Trinidad & Tobago Solid Waste Management Company Limited
34 Independence Square North
POSITION APPLIED FOR: