REGIONAL HEAVY EQUIPMENT TECHNICIAN III
This position is based in Guyana and is open to Guyanese residents or applicants residing outside of Guyana who seek employment in a growing dynamic Organization. Successful candidates can be considered for the option to work rotationally between Guyana and their home country or the assistance with basic relocation and housing in Guyana.
The incumbent is responsible for the repairing, servicing, installing, converting, upgrading and preventative maintenance of heavy equipment, such as Trucks, Earth Moving Equipment and Generators to name a few.It may require working beyond standard set hours as work activities may occur throughout a 24-hour day, 7 days a week, including holidays. This position reports directly to the Team Leader.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs basic diagnostics and repairs on at least three of the following: electrical and electronics, fuel & injection, steering & braking, hydraulic systems, pneumatic systems, (PLC) program logic controls and basic power train & control systems.
- Maintains customer service contracts as required.
- Conducts research for the repairs of jobs including identifying parts required by part number. Provides preliminary information required for the preparation of quotations.
- Prepares and submits service estimates and technical reports
- Completes dealership-sponsored training within the specified timeframe including all assigned online training. Maintains updated knowledge of product and industry trends and methods.
- Responds to Call-out duty 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.
- Guide and demonstrate how to diagnose and conduct repairs to unskilled and semi-skilled assistants and trainees.
- Adheres to ALL company HSEQ policies and procedures.
- Maintains proper housekeeping practices both during and after job completion. Any other related responsibilities assigned by Management
Academic Qualifications, Experience:
- A minimum of five (5) O’Level CXC passes inclusive of Mathematics and English Language.
- N.E.C or NIT certification or the equivalent from a recognized Technical institution or an associate’s degree in a related field of practice.
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in the relevant field. Proficiency in the Microsoft suite of products.
- A valid Driver’s Permit and a good driving record. Proficiency in the Microsoft Suite.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- A systematic approach to troubleshooting and reporting. Strong analytical skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Knowledge of machines and tools.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both oral and written Team Oriented.
All applications are to be submitted no later than December 5th, 2023:
Please specify “Technician III” in the subject
OR mail to : IBIS Construction Equipment Sales and Rentals
Lot C1, Public road LBI, East Coast Demerara, Guyana